Thursday, July 10, 2008

Movin' Out!

Hi Kids. In case you were wondering what I was up to, well . . . I have moved out of the domain of King Urkel the lesser and into a more dignified and less ignorant county. Yes, that's right I am no longer a resident of the county of Cook and have moved my family into a domain about which I have no political knowledge and am no longer forced to be a fledgling to the developmentally challenged and underqualified son of the REAL Stroger.

We moved about a month and a half ago and so far its probably the best thing I could have ever done for myself and my family. Things are a lot more simple out here in the 'stix'. The streets roll up early, the kids still play on the street and the neighbors really care about each other. I have never felt so welcomed and so immediately accepted as a new addition to a community as I have since arriving.

We build fires at night, roast s'mores with the kids, and share stories with the neighbors on an almost nightly basis. Creativity is encouraged, and there is no immediate threat, that I know of, of a substandard idiot taking over the county board and handing out six figure salaries to his equally underqualified or previously incarcerated friends and family members. Whew, what a change.

As it it, however, a move is real pain in the ass. It's been over 10 years since my last move and shit!, I forgot how much stress is involved. To add fuel to proverbial fire, I recently lost my job as well. But given the fact that this time the loss was due to a business decision by my former employer and not to facilitate an increase in salary for an inept and may I say, ugly, relative of Stephen Urkel's clone.

All things considered, this time I was treated better and I am, although under the additional stress of an added mortgage payment and a new lifestyle, better equipped to deal with the loss. And so, for the summer, I will be blogging more regularly, more happily and whilst I bask in the sunlight, watch my kids in the pool and look for a new direction to my life that more suits my sarcastic and bombastic mind. So in the meantime, fuck you Cook County and good riddance!!

No comments: